Aircraft Engineer Jobs
Avionic Engineer – AirTanker
|Sector||Avionics Engineer Jobs|
|Location||RAF Brize Norton, United Kingdom|
Closing Date: 10/03/2020
AirTanker is one of the world’s most exciting aviation projects and we offer a diverse range of roles in our unique environment, based in the heart of the picturesque Cotswolds.
AirTanker was established in 2008 to deliver Voyager, the RAF’s new air-to-air refuelling and air transport aircraft. Working alongside full time RAF personnel and Reservists, we blend the best of civil and military aviation expertise to carry out air-to-air refuelling tasks and fly our armed forces to wherever they are needed in the world.
We are proud to invest in our people and wellbeing and to be a diverse and inclusive employer.
Joining AirTanker could be the best decision you make!
Purpose of the Role
To provide Technical Services support to the AirTanker operation
- EASA Licence B2 or equivalent
- Previous demonstrable experience in a Technical Services role, preferable involving the management of the civilian type aircraft
- Demonstrable experience in developing and managing technical procedures manuals and company expositions.
- Demonstrable experience in technical and operational delivery requirements in accordance with technical procedure manuals and company expositions
- Oversight of fleet compliance
- Managing Airworthiness Directive, Service Bulletin and Modification embodiment
- Develop procedures for the integration of approved modifications into the FSTA fleet
- Setting up Airworthiness Directives, and Engineering Orders on the company’s integrated IT system
- Monitor aircraft systems, flight characteristics and aircraft performance through the reliability programme
- Assisting Technical Admin with check planning (tooling and spares)
- Process Technical Queries and disseminate information through Technical Instructions
- Maintain AirTanker Health and Safety standards
- Work out and manage schedules for repairs and maintenance
- Process Technical Queries and disseminate information through Technical Instructions.
- Investigate design faults arising throughout the life cycle.
Working with like-minded people, you’ll also find a warm welcome here at the AirTanker community. We have an annual diary of organized events from family days and summer festivals to a social scene that has gone from strength-to-strength as we have grown. AirTanker is about much more than the ‘nine to five’. We will earn your commitment, offering you a unique opportunity to play a crucial part in a pioneering service that is working to deliver unparalleled support to the RAF and UK armed forces.
On top of your basic salary, you’ll receive;
- Annual bonus scheme (eligibility in current year subject to bonus rules)
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance Cover
- Income Protection
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Local Gym Discount
- Plane Saver (Credit Union)
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of AirTanker Services are required to be security cleared to SC level. If successful in your application we would support you with the SC process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the National Security Vetting (NSV) website https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.
*Only apply if you meet the airlines requirements
Register your CV with us today!Register Now