Embraer 175 Non-Type Rate Captain – Sky Regional Airlines
|Location||Montreal and Toronto, Canada|
Closing Date: 03/04/2020
For the duration of the flight duty, the Captain is directly responsible for the safety of all crew members, passengers and / or cargo on board the aircraft. This responsibility begins with crew check in at the start of duty and acceptance of the aircraft and remains with the Captain until all crew members are reassigned or released from duty and the aircraft is accepted by ground staff or other operating crew.
The Captain has authority over all crew members for the duration of flight duty. Flight Attendants on duty are responsible to the Captain through the In Charge Flight Attendant. Crew members are expected to be available for duty in accordance with the published schedule. Consultation with the appropriate manager is required for medical/dental appointments or when undertaking activities which will limit availability for flight duty.
- Make and implement decisions when faced with differing stakeholder perspectives and/or some ambiguity of information, based on the organization’s needs and objectives. Recognize conflicting situations as they arise and determine appropriate responses. Take ownership of decisions and ensure follow-up;
- Put systems in place to proactively monitor risks and determine acceptable risk tolerances;
- Make and implement strategic decisions based on corporate objectives and business model;
- Apply a broad business understanding to improve the performance and processes of the department. Prioritize work in alignment with business goals;
- Consider whether short-term goals will support long-term objectives. Review own actions against the organization’s strategic plan to ensure alignment;
- Strategic thinking – Think beyond the department and make decisions in the context of the company corporate objectives;
- Actively increases one’s own knowledge/awareness of the business and competitive environment to determine long-term issues, problems or opportunities with resolutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize, plan and make improvement to the department;
- Effective communication skills;
- Basic computer literacy and comfort with technological learning;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, delegation, and initiative;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Education, Certifications and Work Experience
- Captains shall hold an Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) endorsed for the class and type of aircraft and be deemed acceptable to hold command;
- Total flight time in excess of 5500 hours TT;
- 1000 hours Pilot in Command (PIC) on EFIS equipped transport category aircraft or 1000 hours flight time on transport category jet aircraft;
- Previous CARs 705 experience preferred;
- Strong knowledge of the CARs;
- Authorized to live and work in Canada.
- Training experience will be considered as an asset.
*Only apply if you meet airline’s requirements
Captain Pilot Jobs | Aeromedical Pilot | Royal Flying Doctor
Montreal and Toronto, Canada, Australia
Captain Pilot Jobs | Type Rated / Non Type Rated Boeing 787 | Bamboo Airways
Montreal and Toronto, Canada, Australia, Vietnam
Training Captain Pilot Jobs | Type Rated Boeing 787 | Bamboo Airways
Montreal and Toronto, Canada, Australia, Vietnam, Vietnam
Register your CV with us today!Register Now